Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Pussification of The Western Male

...is the title of an essay which, although a bit old, OUGHT to be read.

Excerpt:

Out there, there is a huge number of men who are sick of it. We’re sick of being made figures of fun and ridicule; we’re sick of having girly-men like journalists, advertising agency execs and movie stars decide on “what is a man”; we’re sick of women treating us like children, and we’re really ####### sick of girly-men politicians who pander to women by passing an ever-increasing raft of Nanny laws and regulations (the legal equivalent of public-school Ritalin), which prevent us from hunting, racing our cars and motorcycles, smoking, flirting with women at the office, getting into fistfights over women, shooting criminals and doing all the fine things which being a man entails.

Good stuff, but hardly all that he has to say. Read the rest here.

HT: Grim's Hall

2 comments:

Billiam said...

Amen. I'm glad that didn't happen to me.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

It's true. I have practically stopped watching TV because I am so sick of watching men (particularly husbands) portrayed as idiots. My husband is a smart guy. I want my kids to know that I think he is a smart guy. I do not want them to think it's normal for wives to show the kind of disrespect for their husbands that "Debra" shows on "Everybody Loves Raymond"--to name only one!