Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Anti-Hogg Broward Student

When I say 'anti-Hogg' I mean that this kid actually does Real Reporting, not bleating and posturing.

And he's managed to piss off the school board in the process.

Yah.  The truth hurts.....

...3) Over the last month, I’ve dug through thousands of government document pages and interviewed dozens of people. I found evidence of two things: over $100m in school safety funds that have gone unspent and policies that keep violent students (like 18-1958) out of jail....

...5) In a tweet, Superintendent @RobertwRuncie called our report "fake news" and suggested we contact @FloridaTaxWatch, an independent group tasked with helping to oversee the distribution of the money. So I did. FL TaxWatch VP of Research Bob Nave agreed with my numbers....

Oh, that's not the best one....

...19) Board Member @ReverendRos went as far as to suggest that our inquiry into these concerns was an exploitation of bloodshed for “personal gain”. She’s the same board member who removed her kids from the school district over “safety concerns.”...

Pretty sure he'll never have a job at CNNMSLSDNBCSEEBSABC or the NYSlimes.

No comments: