Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Utterly Reasonable Position

Robby George:

I am personally opposed to killing abortionists. However, inasmuch as my personal opposition to this practice is rooted in sectarian (Catholic) religious belief in the sanctity of human life, I am unwilling to impose it on others who may, as a matter of conscience, take a different view. Of course, I am entirely in favor of policies aimed at removing the root causes of violence against abortionists. Indeed, I would go as far as supporting mandatory one-week waiting periods, and even non-judgmental counseling, for people who are contemplating the choice of killing an abortionist. I believe in policies that reduce the urgent need some people feel to kill abortionists while, at the same time, respecting the rights of conscience of my fellow citizens who believe that the killing of abortionists is sometimes a tragic necessity--not a good, but a lesser evil. In short, I am moderately "pro-choice."

Makes perfect sense, right?

HT:  Papist

4 comments:

Jim said...

One week waiting period for murder?

Billiam said...


dad, explain it to him. He apparently missed it entirely... Either that, or he was trying to be sarcastic?

Dad29 said...

Jim missed it entirely and explanations go over his head.

Jim said...

I didn't miss a thing. It's simple. Abortion is legal, not murder. Killing an abortion provider is not legal. It is murder.