Monday, May 28, 2012

Barrett: 'Rights, But No Money' for Union Members

This is interesting:

...Barrett also responded Sunday to Gov. Walker’s claim that Barrett has no clear plans after taking office.
“My plan is to introduce a special session and work with the Legislature to restore collective bargaining rights and rights for workers.  Workers will continue to pay more toward their pension and healthcare, but I believe that they should have the right to organize and bargain. Then over the next six to seven months, we’ll work to create more jobs,” Barrett said....

As I recall, public employees HAVE the 'right to organize' even under Act 10.

So Barrett won't give the money back?  My, my, my.

2 comments:

steveegg said...

Barrett will simply create the conditions for the unionistas to demand (and ultimately get back) "their" money. It's a distinction without a difference.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

This is why it is so important to defeat Barrett. Once the unions have their "rights" back, they will "Wisconsin Fist" us taxpayers to get back everything and more. We will be done.