Tommy Barrett may have a problem. Oh--not with the former pastor of that church, whose total disrespect for liturgical law is well-known (and despised).
Nope. Tommy's problem is with the Archbishop of Milwaukee.
As a congressman, Barrett:
- Voted against the Child Custody Protection Act which would have made it a federal crime to take a minor across state lines to have an abortion to keep the abortion secret from her parents.
- Voted against a ban on performing abortions at military hospitals.
- Voted against the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, a federal law which allows prosecutors to charge a third party for death or injury to an unborn child.
- Voted against a ban on human cloning.
- Voted against the Mexico City Policy which prohibits the use of federal funds to promote or perform abortions overseas.
- Voted for taxpayer funding of abortions for federal employees.
- Voted against banning partial-birth abortions (2002 bill).
- Voted in favor of taxpayer funding of abortion referrals.
- Voted against protecting the unborn child of a pregnant woman on life supports.
- Voted against the right-to-life position on 53 out of 55 votes