Thursday, October 16, 2008

Obama vs. The Second Amendment

Take it from someone who actually knows Obama's position.

Hello, my name is Rich Pearson and I have been active in the firearm rights movement for over 40 years. For the past 15 years, I have served in the Illinois state capitol as the chief lobbyist for the Illinois State Rifle Association.

I lobbied Barack Obama extensively while he was an Illinois State Senator. As a result of that experience, I know Obama's attitudes toward guns and gun owners better than anyone. The truth be told, in all my years in the Capitol I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner than does Barack Obama.


...While a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners to forcibly confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down law-abiding firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite, Rock River Arms and Les Baer.

...While a state senator, Obama voted 4 times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in defense of home and family.

...I'd like to remind you that I'm a guy who has actually gone nose to nose with Obama on gun rights issues. The Obama I know cannot even begin to identify with this nation's outdoor traditions. The Obama I know sees you, the law abiding gun owner, as nothing but a low-class lummox who is easily swayed by the flash of a smile and a ration of rosy rhetoric. The Obama I know is a stony-faced liar who has honed his skill at getting what he wants - so long as people are willing to give it to him

Clearly, Obamamamamama is a practiced liar--watching last night's debate proves that beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Buy more ammo, my friends....

HT: Arms and the Law

1 comment:

Amy said...

If he thinks he's getting my gun, he's out of his mind. He'll pry it from my cold, dead, hands.

Ammo's on the Christmas list.