Saturday, September 06, 2008

Obama: Back to Race-Mongering

Hmmmmmnnnn.

He's running ads heavy on abortion "rights."

Now he's playing the race-card again.

“I know that I’m not your typical presidential candidate,” Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., told executives and employees of the Schott glass company Friday afternoon, “and I just want to be honest with you. I know that.”

“And I know that the temptation is to say, ‘You know what? …The guy hasn’t been there that long in Washington.,’ You know, ‘he’s got funny name,’ You know, ‘we’re not sure about him,’” Obama continued. “And that’s what the Republicans, when they say, ‘This isn’t about issues, it’s about personalities,’ what they’re really saying is, ‘We’re going to try to scare people about Barack. So we’re going to say that you know, maybe he’s got Muslim connections or we’re going to say that, you know, he hangs out with radicals or he’s not patriotic.’

Aside from the half-truths in the above (when has ANY McCain campaign associate picked on Obamamamamama's name?)--

--it seems to me that Obama is narrowing his appeal. Once you define your candidacy as a Race-and-Abortion crusade, you have a high risk of alienating the middle.

Fine by me.

HT: Hot Air

No comments: