Up to two-thirds of all Medicaid payments to Planned Parenthood facilities in Wisconsin were fraudulent, according to an audit conducted by state inspectors.
About half of all the funds that went to eight family planning clinics resulted from fraud or inappropriate billing practices, according to a report released by the Office of the Inspector General’s office of the state Department of Health and Human Services on August 3....
Go ahead, Google the key words. The I.G.'s report is 24 days old. Notice any "news" items on it with MSM-connected URL's?
The audit found the eight facilities engaged in margin-padding practices and violations including, but not limited to:
- No prescription;
- Prescription not signed by a valid prescriber;
- Quantity billed does not match prescription quantity;
- Quantity billed does not match quantity dispensed;
- No proof of prescription being dispensed;
- Reimbursement in excess of amount permitted by the sliding fee scale;
- Inaccurately “up-coding” visits to obtain a higher reimbursement rate; and
- Reimbursement for a duplicative drug that was not medically necessary.