Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Reporting, Just Like the Sykes Story

Two boys are playing hockey on a frozen pond in a Chicago City park, when one of the boys is suddenly attacked by a crazed Rottweiller. Thinking quickly, the other boy takes his hockey stick, shoves it under the dog's collar, twists it and breaks the dog's neck, saving his friend.

A reporter, strolling by, sees the incident and rushes over to interview the boy. "Young Bears Fan Saves Friend from Vicious Animal," he starts writing in his notebook.

"But I'm not a Bears fan." the little hero replies. "Sorry, since we're in Chicago, I just assumed you were," says the reporter, and he starts writing again. "Young Bull's Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack". . .

"I'm not a Bull's fan either," the boy says. "Oh, I assumed everyone in Chicago was either for the Bears or the Bull's. What team do you root for?" the reporter asks.

"I'm a Packers fan," the boy replies.

The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes: "Little Bastard from Wisconsin Kills Beloved Family Pet".

1 comment:

Disgruntled Car Salesman said...

Funny, I thought all the little bastards live in Chicago....